Car Air Conditioning Repairs and Service
My car air conditioning system works, so why should I have it serviced?
Servicing is all about preventative maintenance and the same applies to the air conditioning system in your car. When an air conditioning system is operating corrosive acids are produced. The receiver dryer is part of the system and is designed to collect these acids, along with moisture. It’s a bit like a filter that is capable of removing moisture from the atmosphere.
As the build up of contaminates in the receiver dryer increases, its ability to do its job decreases and eventually the corrosive acids in the air conditioning system damage other component parts. Because this corrosion is occurring on the internal surfaces of these parts it is impossible to accurately determine what parts of the system will fail next.
That’s why you need to service your car air conditioning system every two years, before this uncontrolled corrosion takes place and damages the condenser, compressor, evaporator and other parts of the system.
HANDY TIP: Turn your vehicle’s air conditioner on for a few minutes every week or so, even in winter. This will lubricate the seals in the compressor and prolong its operational life.
At Northside Automotive, our licensed air conditioning technical staff will perform car air conditioning service in accordance with strict government environmental laws.
- We inspect the air conditioning drive belt and idler tension pulley for cracks or damage.
- Check the temperature of the air omitted from the dash vents with a thermometer and visually inspect all of the component parts of the system for signs of gas escaping into the atmosphere.
- Check proper operation of the compressor and other component parts prior to service.
- Test the system for leaks and then evacuate the refrigerant in its entirety.
- Replace the receiver dryer and if required the TX valve, with new approved parts
- Recharge the system using the appropriate refrigerant to the exact system capacity.
- We will then recheck the system making sure that it operates correctly delivering cool fresh air while you drive.
Why must this be done?
Because the gas used in an air conditioning system, if released into the atmosphere is ozone depleting.
LATEST MOTORING TIP
Here are some helpful safety tips for drivers on sharing the road with cyclists in Queensland Hi, it’s Pete again from Northside Automotive, and I’m here to give you a heads-up about the road safety rules in Queensland regarding cyclists and driving around them. I’m...
Looking for a fun, adventurous weekend getaway for camping in south-east Queensland? Look no further G’day, it’s Pete here from Northside Automotive, My family and I are big 4WD enthusiasts and I know of a few hidden camping gems, right here in South East Queensland....
Hi there, it’s Pete here from Northside Automotive, with some advice about maintaining your car’s fuel pump. Looking after the wellbeing of your car’s fuel pump is simple and straightforward. And there’s a chance you will save you time and money in the long run. Read...