Working with a variety of vehicles daily, we get asked a many questions about car servicing and repairs. So to make things easier, we have put together a list of commonly asked questions.
How much will my service or repair cost?
At Northside Automotive we will present you with a quote for the service. While undertaking the work, should we come across anything critical that needs work, we will notify you before commencing the work. We will also provide you with a full list of recommendations for future repairs which you can consider.
Also, just so you know, we are under obligation to notify you if we find anything that is potentially dangerous to yourself, your passengers and other drivers on the road, even if that is not what you want me in to have repaired.
Will I be shown what will be done to my car when it is serviced?
Our mechanics can walk you through the work required to service your car. We will also call you should the car require anything outside of the below service list.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Quality engine oil & oil filter
- Under bonnet fluid check & report
- Our 69 point vehicle inspection report
- Thorough inspection & adjustment of braking system (including hand brake)
- Tyre pressure check & tyre wear report (including the spare)
- Thorough under body check of steering, suspension & exhaust components
- Full inspection of lights, indicators and wiper operation
- All carried out by our qualified technician
Our advanced comprehensive service Includes:
- Our vehicle inspection report
- Quality engine oil and filter to manufacturer’s specifications
- Air filter and air duct condition
- Brake fluid performance test
- Coolant condition pressure test
- Check, clean and coat battery terminals
- Check battery condition and volts test
- Inspection of belts for uneven wear or cracks and report
- Check condition and operation of water pump
- Remove all wheels, inspect and report on correct operation of braking system (adjust park brake)
- Check shock absorbers and suspension components
- Check condition of all tyres and pressures
- Check and report on performance of electronic fuel injection system
- Remove air intake and service throttle body
- Check operation of base idle circuit
- Check operation of oxygen sensors
- Check condition of spark plugs and high tension leads
- Check performance of ignition coil – coil packs
- Perform self diagnostic procedure of engine management system
What is included in a standard car service?
Under bonnet fluid check & report
Our 69 point vehicle inspection report
Thorough inspection & adjustment of braking system (incuding hand brake)
Tyre pressure check & tyre wear report (including the spare)
Thorough under body check of steering, suspension & exhaust components
Full inspection of lights, indicators and wiper operation
All carried out by our qualified technician
should I bother servicing my car regularly?
We recommend you service your car every 10,000km or every 6 months, whichever happens first.
Many people ask us how often they really should be servicing their car. Are the service centres greedy? The answer is actually not what you think. The simplest way to remember when to service your car is every 10,000km of every 6 months, whichever happens first.
Although new cars have an automatic light which indicates when your car should be serviced, some manufacturers are still indicating a car should be serviced every 15,000km or every 12 months, whichever happens first.
See our blog How Often Should I service my Car for more information https://www.northsideauto.net.au/how-often-to-service-car/
How long does a car service take?
Anywhere from 4+ hours depending on the make, model, age and service required. Time is also relative to how many other vehicles are in the shop that day. Give us a call to book in and we can talk through the specifics with you.
How often should I get my oil changed?
We recommend an oil change at each 6 month service. However this too depends on the make and model of your vehicle, the age of the car, and the type of driving the car has done. Give us a call and we will gladly discuss your circumstances with you.
Do I have to pay on the day of the job and how can I pay?
We appreciate you paying for your service and repairs when you pick your vehicle up. You can pay via cash or card